Monday, June 5, 2017

Much to Do, Little Time

I finally took the plunge this weekend and put my first completed novel on Amazon. I was getting to the point that tweaking it and editing it was doing more harm than good, so I decided I needed to get it out of my hands and move on with my life.

I've had the rough draft for the immediate sequel finished since March, so I would hope to have that up within the next year, hopefully sooner than later. I also have another, unrelated novel finished, for which I want to try finding a publisher, but fitting it to a market is tricky. All while that's going on, I want to get my dissertation ready to defend by September, and look into advertising for the book (though I may wait to seriously promote it until after the second book is online).




James N. McDonald is a "liberal academic" born and raised in Missouri and residing in Tennessee. He holds one degree in history, two degrees in psychology, but loves writing fiction. His first, completed novel, The Rise of Azraea, Book I, is a high fantasy story with elements of comic fantasy and satire targeting present day, real world issues such as economic inequity, and sexual and racial discrimination. It is currently available on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment